This online parish toolkit will help each parish integrate The Light is On for You, extend the welcoming arms of the Catholic Church, and spread the Good News of Christ’s mercy to those in your greater community who still need to hear or re-hear the message.
If you have any liturgical questions about implementing The Light Is On for You in your parish or feedback on the initiative, please contact:
Brian W. MacMichael | Director, Office of Worship 260-399-1426 | email@example.com
If you have questions regarding the promotional materials in this toolkit, please contact:
Jennifer Simerman | Secretary for Communications 260-399-1448 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Examination of Conscience based on the Ten Commandments (Not available in Spanish)
Preguntas complementarias para examinar la conciencia a la luz de la enseñanza social católica (Alt version, based on CST)
For more options for the Examination of Conscience, please visit the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website.
• Change your parish marquee to promote The Light is On for You.
• Place posters throughout the parish promoting The Light is On for You.
• Publish the bulletin inserts in your bulletin.
• Pray for the event in the Sunday Prayers of the Faithful.
• Invite parishioners who own businesses to change their business marquee or to hang a poster promoting The Light is On for You.
• Encourage parish ministries to reach out to their individual members and people that they serve to invite them to the event
• Encourage parishioners to invite a friend or family member to confession.
• Additional resources, such as a five-part series on the Rite of Penance can be purchased from Ave Maria Press.